Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beckham signs AC Milan loan deal

England midfielder David Beckham is to rejoin AC Milan on loan in January after the Italian club reached an agreement with Los Angeles Galaxy.

Beckham, 34, is keen to play for Milan to maximise his chances of making the England squad for the 2010 World Cup.

The Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder had a loan spell at Milan last season, during the Major League Soccer off-season.

"I need to give myself the best chance to make the World Cup squad - playing for Milan will help me," said Beckham.

"I'm committed to LA Galaxy and MLS in the long term and remain as passionate as ever about growing the game of soccer in America.

606: DEBATE

"I'm completely focused on ending this season on a high note with my club by winning the MLS Cup," added Beckham, referring to the MLS play-offs.

During his first Milan loan spell, Beckham scored two goals in 18 matches, helping the Serie A side qualify for the Champions League.

He joined Milan on an initial three-month deal in January 2009 that was extended to the end of the season.Video link

No comments: