Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bon Jovi: 'We're not supposed to be here'

Backstage at New York's Madison Square Garden, Jon Bon Jovi gathers his bandmates together and makes a speech.

"Twenty-five years ago, almost to the week," he begins, referring to the group's first show at the venue, as a support act for ZZ Top.

"We are not supposed to still be here."

It's one of several moments of black humour in the band's new documentary, When We Were Beautiful.

Zip forward 13 months from that concert - the last date of the band's Lost Highway tour - and Jon Bon Jovi is in London to meet the press.

Where, then, does he think the band are supposed to be at this stage?

"I don't know!" he confesses. "I never envisioned what the road should look like 25 years later.

Jon Bon Jovi
The group, formed in 1983, have played more than 2,600 gigs

"My vision only took me as far as the year 2000, when we were going to be living in space, and I'd be 38 years old.

"I thought life was going to end in 1999. To think that 10 years later, I'd be sitting here with another album is truly astounding."READ MORE

No comments: